As the year 2016 comes to an end, I want to pause to review all that was experienced by my family and I. As with every year, I believe it has been a great year even through occasional roller coaster rides life brought along the way. The difference for us has been our strong faith and trust in God as our Lord and Savior.
I have noticed many on Social Media make statements like: “hopefully 2017 will be better” or make statements about 2016 being a bad year. With every year (or day, week, month), there are ups and downs in life. It’s our perspective on the situations, and faith in the One who has created all things that makes all things great (good or bad). It is why my family and I can truly says, “God is good” no matter the circumstance.
Just a few highlights of 2016 for the Whitfields…
- God has provided for our every need, even though it may have been tough at times.
- God has reunited us with some great friends as well as family for encouragement.
- God continues to use us to accomplish His work.
- God has allowed us to become foster parents.
- God has given us a great church to worship and serve Him.
- God has given us AWESOME friends all across the state of SC for encouragement.
“To God be ALL the glory!!”
The title of this blog comes from the Apostle Paul’s words found in 2 Corinthians 5:17…
Therefore if anyone is in Christ, there is a new creation; old things have passed away, and look, new things have come.
It is in Him (Christ Jesus), that all things become new. It is not a new promise, not a awesome New Year’s party, not a good church (although that helps). It is Only through God’s son Jesus Christ. How will Year 2017 look for you? What are your goals or dreams? Remember Goals are only good if one puts forth the discipline to accomplish them.
A few New Year Resolutions I have for 2017:
- Don’t let fear hold me back in striving for what God has for me and my family.
- Strive to have more spiritual conversations with my family.
- Press on for a deeper relationship with my heavenly Father.
- Forget the past struggles (not let them trip me up) as I Press on toward the Father.
- Write more blog posts.
What about you? What are your achievable New Year’s Resolutions?
Remember Jesus is the One who makes all things new again!!
Please follow this blog, as I plan to post more in 2017!!